Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Barrie Good Cookies 'n' Beer

It was a dark and stormy night.  Actually it was a cool damp morning.  Saturday.  Lois and I piled into the truck and headed up to the Steamwhistle trailhead north of Barrie to meet NewfieSteve and Meredith to sample the SimcoeMountainBikeClub (SMBC) trails.

Meredith is a local, and so she was the guide...and don't let her size fool you.  She is a serious monster on the bike!!



Seriously, that is her...but perhaps this pic is more appropo...



Meredith with a couple other locals on the SMBC trails...you guess which one is her...


The SMBC trails are awesome!  Almost all flowy single track, with several natural features, and a couple of built ones.  Bermed curves, and wide, easily rideable bridges where necessary...obviously built by those with passion for the sport.  And more elevation than you realize while you are riding.

The conditions were great...the trail was tacky...almost perfect despite the previous days rain and snow.  The ton of downed leaves did collect and hold onto the water though...so riding over them created a cold spray.  No bidet was required on this day.

Meredith did manage a couple of pics of me and Newf...





The 29+ Fatboy's that me and Steve rode were the perfect bikes for the day, and Meredith kicked our butts on her full fat fatbike.  We rode for over 3 hours and still did not hit all the SMBC trails...and did not touch Copeland Forest, Hardwood, or Horseshoe.  So many MTB friendly trails in the area! Need to get out there more often!!  Thank you Meredith for the tour!

What else happened Saturday.  Well if you are into cross racing (not cross dressing...apparently only people with orange pants do that...), there was the Cookie Cross race in Toronto 'promoted' by the Lapdogs.  Word is that it was a huge success...even better if you like running with your bike!








Actually, I think there was even some riding going on at this one...



Not sure who to attribute all the pics to...I think some were Cauchi...some Cox??

And as you can see, some racers took the opportunity to dress in halloween costumes...

I didn't do the race...cross racing is not really my thing (nor is cross dressing)...but I did dress in my halloween costume...it was so good no one recognized me...



Showing some True Grit??


Anyways...that was the Cookie Cross...and although I like cookies, I'm not a fan of cross racing.  I like burrrito's to...so maybe a Burrito Cross??  Nah, that wouldn't get me into a cross race either...






Nope...I am a mountain biker...so Sunday had me out on a solo mtb ride after the rain stopped.  Took the single speed out to Dundas for a rip...with a brief stint in at Christie on the way home.  Only a two hour ride though...I didn't quite dress warm enough and was getting chilled.  Otherwise it would have been great...fall riding rocks!!

What else happened Sunday??

There was the Dundas Big Ass Night Ride from ShEd Brewery.  And speaking of costumes, they were out in full force.  And with 150 riders out (that was the max...and I waited too long to register, so I was not fortunate enough to be part of it)...the view of the string of lights was spectacular.  A sampling of what was...







Again not sure who to attribute the pics to...I think either Raf or Jenn...


And then yesterday...halloween...I didn't go out.  Too scared...too many scary things out there...











Anyways...that's all I got...so let's get out there.

Cuz fall riding rocks!
Mower on Thursday...

Stay posted!!





No comments:

Post a Comment