Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 11 August 2016

Eau Limb Picks End He Garb Eave Hers

So the Olympics are into full swing...the cycling road racing stuff is over, I think.  Not really sure....I totally missed the men's road race somehow...I must have been out riding.  Looking forward to seeing the MTB action though....including how Mr. Peter Sagan will do.

Truth is...I am a fan of the Olympics.  Not the political bullshite at all...not a fan of politics of any stripe.  There is enough political shite-show going on in the US right now...not sure if it is a comedy or a tragedy...anyways...that is a topic not worthy of this blog (although there is SOOO much material there!!)













Ah well....better not get Oggie going on this...he is relentless in his political discussions....can't keep up to him on a bike either but everyone knows that.  Speaking of Olympics and Oggie...in case you didn't already know...he is a former Olympian...was in the bob-cycle or something like that.

In fact, I recently learned that SSSarah is also a former Olympian.  They are all around us...lurking...secretly kicking our arses (or at least mine in every race)...quietly laughing...

Makes...me feel like this lady....










Anyways...I am a fan of what the Olympics is really supposed to represent...you know the virtuous stuff.  And amazed at the skill...and how much dedication it takes to get there...and how much natural ability it must take.  Last night I even found myself watching ping-pong (table tennis??)...yeah ping-pong...and still amazed...thinking "Holy heck...how the hell do they do that??!!".  They were so fast!!

Anyways....maybe to something more mountain bike related??





Well I have been harping on this lately...



Yeah...the Eager Beaver2.0 100 mile race....and now it is here!

Dan has finally published the course and details...







In case you can't tell from the pics...100 miles (160 kms....actual is 156, I think)...with 1820m (5971ft) of climbing...all in the first 80km; and at least one run up...it going to be brutal.  Epic.  Challenging.  So much fun in a very painful kind of way...really it should be called the Angry Beaver...




Although I am told, nobody likes an angry beaver...

I think the aid stations should be providing this....



Anyways...with the toughness of the course, and looking at the confirmation list...the quality of the competition I will be racing with...I think my primary goal will be just to finish in a respectable time (anywhere before the cut-off).  I am pretty sure I will need this at the end....






As long as this isn't me...






And I think Blaze and misconceptionz will be on site representing Big Ring Entertainment...





...to create a video archive of the event.

So if you are there, and you see them...try and smile through the pain...




Similarities here??


Warning though!!  EnglishJim will be there (yes!!  Believe it or not...he will be here!!)...so hopefully BigRing is careful what they catch on camera...





Anyways...I'm likely to get myself in trouble again...

Olympics are on...I have champorado (race fuel) to make...a bike to make sure will go 100 miles...stuff to get done.

So after this weekend...should be a tale to tell...and no politics...

Stay posted!!






No comments:

Post a Comment