Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Monday 19 March 2018

FreedomBurn Update

So hopefully everyone survived St. Patrick's day weekend...





Anyways...I guess it's bad to get off track before the blog post even starts??

So...FreedomBurn update...
So it looks like all the route leaders are in place for this little ride...

Thank you very much to RobT who will be leading out the 50km group...and to Unglued who will be leading out the 100km group.  Both of these groups will be leaving at 9am.

I will be leading out the 160km group at 7am.

For more details see the previous posts on this blog (all of the 2018 posts actually...there's not that many...I've been rather lazy...); and, hey I actually learned some technology stuffs and created an events page for FreedomBurn on Facebook!


So...if I may ask, even if you have already let me know by message or email, if you would still go to the event page and indicate your intention to attend I would appreciate it.  It will give me a running total of how many will be showing up.  And it will let Lois know how many to plan grub for...





Anyways...sorry...getting off track...again...

A couple of reminders:

The routes will not be marked, as I do not have the resources for such...so this will happen more as group rides.  It won't be slow, all of the leaders are experienced riders...but it won't be race pace...so if you want to go faster than your group (or for some reason lose track of your group), make sure you know your route (routes posted on a previous post).



Not this map...



This is intended to be a fun (but long) day on the bike with fun folks, with the intention to support Jeff Ward's worthy cause Freedom Bike, since Jeff is unable to do the Tilsonburn this year.  To donate to Freedom Bike send an e-transfer to Jeff at drwardy@hotmail.com with the security answer FreedomBike2018.

This is an unsupported ride (with planned stops for the 160 and 100km routes for water and...), so come prepared to take care of yourself.

There is not parking at my home but there is plenty of parking down the road at Valley Community Centre Park at 287 Old Guelph Road...and there is a washroom, of sorts, there...

287 Old Guelph Rd, Dundas, ON L9H 5W8

And there is also a small parking area at the top of Old Gueph Road...

398 Old Guelph Rd, Hamilton, ON L0R

Bring a lawnchair!!

And there are other reminders that I cannot remember right now...I am actually surprised I remembered as many of the remembery things as I have.  I tend to lose track easily...



Yeah....kind of like that...

Which is also why I always get Lois to proofread these posts...




Also...I may be a little distracted as I have re-injured (broken?) my thumb on a mtb ride last Saturday.  Tested it on a (little?) road ride on Sunday, it is painful and swollen but survived the road ride....but it may be mostly road for the next couple (6?) weeks.  So...still good to go...

So...maybe more of an update than you possibly expected...

There will be more...

Stay posted!!





No comments:

Post a Comment