Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 12 January 2017

Holy Weather Batman!!

I can't even be sure what country we are living in right now.  It is January 12th and it is dang near 15 degrees C above zero and raining outside this morning.  The two feet of snow we had two weeks ago is all but gone...and the -30 degree weather gone with it.  Mother Nature...toying with us like a cat playing with a half live mouse;  I'm almost wondering if I can break out my new heritage-proper summer mountain bike shorts...








Until Lois reminded me that this is closer to my truth right now...





Lois can be helpful like that...







I am pretty sure the cats were in on it...







Actually, Lois asked me the other day, "What would you do if I left you for your best friend?"
I wasn't sure where that came from so I asked, "Which one?"
She replied, "How many best friends do you have?"
I said, "Well, the best friend would be the one you are leaving me for..."
Yeah...that didn't go over so well...but she kind of had it coming...
The other day, out of the blue, she said, "I love you, I can't live without you."
I said, "Is that you, or the wine talking??"
She said, "It's me...talking to the wine."
So yeah...(seriously...you should hear some of our conversations...or maybe not!)

Anyways...back on topic...
The Superfly Racing Albion Fatbike Festival is scheduled for this weekend...






So I hope they have more snow up there than we have here...

Speaking of Albion....it is the venue for the Summer Solstice 24 Hr...which is one of (if not THEE) my 'A' races planned for 2017.  And I just found out this morning that dskunk is registered...

Smarter racers than I would just throw down their mountain bikes and walk away...but sadly, I live to compete.  dskunk is a two time Tour Divide finisher...once on a single speed; and I believe last year he finished in under 20 days.  So, a 24 hour race is just another day (literally, even) on a bike for him.



dskunk (I think you could call him Dave, for short) on the Tour


So, I am pretty sure I am going to have to make my Summer Solstice target 20 laps to keep dskunk in view...which is a far sight more than the 15 I put in in 2016.  I am going to have to get my fat old thong body into more like this...






So...I guess I better get out there and get to work...starting now!  Mother Nature....get out of my way!  Could be worse...I could be living in my old stomping grounds of Saskatchewan...



This was yesterday...


So...I guess we should be happy here..

Also as part of training, I am planning on attending a 6+ hour Padega ride out in London area on Sunday...so I hope conditions are OK for that...

Anyways...I feel dskunk mocking me...I better get at it...

Make a great weekend!!  Stay safe and...

Stay posted!



Lois says I am still her superman...




No comments:

Post a Comment