Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Hot at home,cold here...Not so punny...

So...ya....here I am in Saskatchewan...it is -3 degrees....and raining.  Lois tells me it is going to be plus 32 at home today.  I always pick the right times...or not.

I am mostly here as vacation...visiting friends and family (and their pets...don't worry I will spare you pet pics...maybe....oh, and way too much eating)...but trying to get a couple of rides in...maybe even thrice!!  (Ha...I fit in the word 'thrice'!)

I know people who are not from the prairies tend to think there is nothing but flatness here...(meaning how can you mtb that?)...and they are mostly right...




However, there are a couple of areas...specifically Cypress Hills in the southwest of the province; and the Qu'Appelle valley which runs through the heart of the province; both provide ideal conditions for great mtb trails.  Both have the potential to be mtb Meccas...if someone had the wherewithal to get that going.  Mountain biking is not that big of a thing in Saskatchewan...yet.








Yeah...I know...I am a terrible picture taker...I need to start bringing ApexTed out with me...everywhere. Ted??

I don't think I will get to ride out in the valley while I am out here...but I did manage to get to ride with a friend around the Saskatchewan River in and about Saskatoon yesterday...hoping to get a fatbike ride in today and/or tomorrow.  Otherwise just more visit...and eat.

Meanwhile this last weekend in Ontario...the Sausage Suit ITT happened.  Another one of DanOfSubstance's (Substance Projects) unique brainchilds...again a fun event!!  

Apparently, according to my from far away intel...the race was dominated by Fatboy Nation...




And team WinterForrest...





Anyways, I guess I should get my winter gear on (remember...-3 degrees here)....and if I can pull myself away from family, food, and the debacle that is the American political race...






Actually, I shouldn't pile on to the Donald...with the election rigged, and the one sided media and all...they are hiding the true stories...

Apparently, there is a danger Hillary may have to drop out of the race after they found a brain defect during her last colonoscopy.  
But it is OK...Bill usually chose someone other than Hillary, so why shouldn't the voters....
Apparently, Bill caused a bit of an uproar when he was caught hitting on Bruce Jenner during the last debate...
And even Monica is on Hillary's side, encouraging her with a "Good luck...don't blow this."

Anyways...I better be careful...Hillary has agents everywhere...





OK then...sorry if I am getting terribly politically incorrect here.  I am usually much more conservative in what I say...or maybe not.  

I have to get out and ride anyways...(seriously, +32 in Ontario today???, and I am putting on winter gear here???).  Lois is worried that I am developing a bit of an addiction, mountain biking while on vacation.  I assured her I am ok...she has reason to worry though.  At one time I had a bit of a soap addiction, but I am clean now...

Anyways...bad pun...I have a ton of them...which is exactly why I better end this now...
Which means I will save some for you for Thursday!  

Stay posted!!


                       Well...Thursday's blog post of course!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment