Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 1 September 2016

Trophy Ride Out?

So....did it.  Signed up for the Kingston Trophy.  Is the knee ready??  I hope so.  I have gone on a couple of easy rides to test it out.  It hurts, but it is functional.  The ACL pains when I push hard...so the lesson is to not really try I guess.  I think I heard that once from Homer Simpson...or something like that.

Actually, by Saturday it should be more OK, and after a couple of kms it should be warmed up enough to ignore....as long as I stay on my bike.  So, the next question I will need to figure out is whether to ride the heavier, but smoother more comfortable 29+ Fatboy, or the lighter, racier Raijin.

Anyways, Jaimie and I will be heading up to Kingston tomorrow.  If nothing else, I will get to hang out with family (I have 3 cousins that live up that way), and ride a mountain bike for 78ish kms.

Jaimie is already complaining about having caught some poison ivy from our last weekend ride at Turkey Point.  Still won't help me to keep up to him though.  I hope he isn't turning into a Fig...  In case you didn't know, Fig catches every malady out there, and is allergic to just about everything.  If you can name it, he has had it or has it now.  In fact, I don't think Fig will be at Kingston cuz he is nursing some groin, hamstring, shoulder injury...or something like that...seriously.  Plus I think he is really busy with this...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1193664502&siteLocale=en_CA

Ya...Fig picks up scrap bikes, fixes them up and sells them (often for less than it costs him to fix them).  Seriously, don't just scroll over the link to his Kijiji ad...check it out especially if you need another bike.  The ad is actually quite hilarious....like a grumpy old man wrote it.  What Fig does in his spare time...cuz he has so much of it.

When he isn't parenting (he has a toddler, and a pair of twins on the way...at least he said he was dreaming of having Swedish twins...or something like that).
Or at the gym (he is a gymnastics coach).
Or at work (he is a teacher, and commutes 50km to work just about every day of the year....by bike).
Or making cider (ya...he makes his own cider...and doesn't share enough...)
Or riding his mtb, road bike, penny farthing...
Or taking care of his three cats...














Anyways....how the hell did I get on such a Fig rant??  Sorry about that Fig...

So...who else will be in Kingston this weekend?  Probably will be a Shikaze or two?  Is Oggie still around?  Any PinoyPedalPushers?  Will RocketDog singlespeed it?  Will ApexTed be there?  Will the BigRingEntertainment folks be there to make another video (or will they be videoing those Swedish twins??).  I'm pretty sure Burnsy is going...and will kick my arse (he is in my category).  Is Raf gunning for the Fatbike title?  Will Alexa, Sarah, Tracey, RKay, Lenka be battling for the women's title?  Will I survive??

So many questions...

Till Tuesday...

Stay posted!


Swedish Twins...




No comments:

Post a Comment