Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 8 September 2016

Trophy Leftovers and Whazzup

So, the Kingston Trophy is history and DanOfSubstance is reveling in it's success...you can picture him rolling about his bed of orange arrows and x signs, laughing hysterically...

Anyways, if you need to get that image out of your head and have some better memories of the event I didn't see ApexTed there...but he still managed to get action pics of the event...not sure if he used his ninja skills of invisibility or some other method....





Anyways you can find the pics here at ApexRacePhotography...(yeah Mom...I am plate number 119...).  I think those great giant cookies that Dan gives out to the series leaders need their own pic...

Also, TeamColin did a great review of the Kingston Trophy Half Marathon...you can check it out at TeamColin'sBlog.

The rest of September is packed with race options!  This weekend there is...

The O'Cup Provincials out at Sir Sam's promoted by Superfly Racing;
The 6 Hour Dairy Capital Stampede at the Pines hosted by Woodstock Cycling Club.

Then next weekend of 17th/18th...

The Albion Enduro at Albion Hills and Palgrave promoted by Superfly Racing;
The GORBA 6 Hour Epic at Guelph Lake promoted by Gorba Off Road Bicycling Association.

And on September 24th...

The Fall Epic 8 Hour at Hardwood Ski & Bike promoted by Pulse Racing.

So, I have resigned myself to skipping all of the races to focus on the Fall 8 Hour on the 24th.  Especialy after my poor showing at Kingston...

So...between now and then I will be working on skills (f'n twisty single track....although there hopefully should not be much of that at Hardwood), fatburning, and endurance.  And I guess better focus on not crashing...










Unless you know some secret, non-drug shortcuts for getting faster....I'd like to know them...








Actually, I don't like sneaky short cuts to get to my goals...not like this guy...





Reminds me of, "What do walruses and tupperware have in common?"...."They both like a tight seal..."

Anyways...CoachRob has me scheduled for some endurance training this weekend...4 hours of MTB on Saturday...4 hours again on Sunday.  Who wants to join to help me out...motivate me...for all or part of either day???  Anyone....anyone??  Beuhler???  Most will likely be racing one of the above events this weekend.

Ah well...depending on where I end up riding, and weather permitting, there will likely also be a firepit and bbq going on Saturday post ride.



Unglued and Blaze (and their spouses) joined in for the latest one last weekend.  We roasted some plain old corn on the cob....and listened to unglued name all of his bikes.  I lost track...he has like 25 bikes or something like that...maybe he will come ride one this weekend...

Anyways...I am rambling...and getting even more boring than normal...

Guess I better get riding .... solo??

I will let you know how it goes....Tuesday.

Stay posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment