Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Tuesday 5 July 2016

24 Hr Wrap Up...then let's move on.

Yeah...I know...I am kind of milking this thing...sorry.  But to me it is a bit of a big deal...one of, if not THE, toughest race of the season....and the work I have put in to be able to do my best at this particular event.  And I have not really won a 1st place podium spot in this sport before...(well, not entirely true...I won the Masters Men category at DanOfSubstances last 100miler in 2014, but there was a big catch; Oggie and Fritz DNF'd themselves out of the competition by missing a turn and riding 100,000 miles in the wrong direction.  OK, not quite 100G but I'm sure it felt like it...).

So, bear with me,eh...a few acknowledgements and such, then on to the next big thing...

Blaze - in my pit every minute of that 24 hours and then some, making sure I was always ready to go, and kickin my arse when I wasn't.  (Blaze is now in demand as a pit boss...hope I can continue to afford his services...)



CaptainBlaze and the whiners...(watch out ApexTed, MattyTee is after your job!)


Matty Tee - was there to help Blaze, was great support to Pappy...watched Pappy suffer, and maybe learn that sometimes things work out not because you are the fastest, or the bestest...but because you just keep going.

Plus, MattyTee took a pic so rare...it could possibly never be seen again...



Yeah, it's a bit foggy, but pics this rare are not easy to capture.  Anyways, let's carry on...

Lois - showed up Sunday morning to help out...but really has always been so supportive, in every way, of my crazy passion for this sport....
CoachRob - takes my willingness to train, and desire to achieve...and is able to structure it to make the goals obtainable.
To anyone who came to the pit to help out and/or cheer, and to everyone along the course and through the transition zone who cheered me on, if I was too focused or too tired to acknowledge at the time, I apologize.  I heard you, and I appreciate it...every cheer and word of encouragement was a new spurt of energy....and I needed all I could get.
Maybe I was dreaming, or delirious, but I think I even heard chants of 'Riot' at points...or maybe I just need better things to dream about?

So...I am obviously very happy with the win...but really my goal was 20 laps...and I fell well short of it...so more work to do.  And there was enough solo motivation out there:

Giant with 21 laps!  Barely believable!  What an achievement!!  More laps than many teams got!
SSSarah; 20 laps on a single speed!!  You are amazing!!
dskunk, finished the Tour Divide this week in under 19 days!!

Those efforts are so humbling, but you've proven that it can be done...so goals to shoot for.  CoachRob...you have your work cut out for you.  Too much??
No...someone of questionable character once said, "There is no too much.  You are so often capable of more than you believe; so make your goal worthy.  You don't get to the stars by reaching for the moon."  Yeah, OK....that was just me....but still...

So, spent the last week recovering...but starting to get fat... so time to get back at it...or what the baboon butt will allow...can't be lazy...I get fat way too easy...






Apparently this strategy does not work at all...








And I can't be Lois' Superman if I look like this...







But the week off was very appreciated, by both body and mind.  May and June were so heavily packed with races.  And how do you know when you may be overdoing it with racing??  Pains??  Fatigue??  No, for me it is when I start to expect to see ApexTed at various turns of everyday life...on a local, fun, trail ride; at a Tim Horton's drive through; lying, camera ready, around the corner of the pots and pans aisle at Canadian Tire.  Yeah, that's when I knew it was time for a break...

So, there.  The 24 Hour is over...I won't bring it up again...(OK, I likely will from time to time)...but for now...time to move on.  Thank you.

Had a short, fun ride Friday...followed by a firepit with the gang...a few allowed their pics to be taken...

Giant...imparting his unending wisdom....




JC petitioning for a position on TeamRiot...



And a short training road ride yesterday to test out the baboon butt...broke a spoke, which cut it short...but probably for the best.  However, now it's time to get back at it.  Gotta get going again...the Summer 8 Hour is coming up soon...gotta be ready!  dskunk may be back for that one...

So,

Stay posted!!









No comments:

Post a Comment