Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Tuesday 23 October 2012

This Week in Mountain Biking – Has Lance’s Dec 21 Arrived?


So far this week we have seen sunny plus 20 and rainy plus 2 as far as the weather goes.  It’s tough enough to fit rides into work and family schedules, so now the weather is working to make it even trickier.  However did manage to fit in a couple of MTB rides, and a couple of road rides.  The leaves are really adding to the challenge…but the views are spectacular!!!



 
 
 

Lois was not really happy with my scenery pictures.  I don't know why?  Besides, I told her she had nothing to worry about.  Here is Lois...what do you think?
 
 
Anyways…did manage to get in a group ride at Kelso with NewfieSteve, EnglishJim, and Fig.  However, nothing of real significance to report.  Jim still gets naked in the parking lot (scared a group of girls, and a murder of crows away), and Steve still rides every bridge, skinny, and rock with his eyes closed (righteously making us all feel woefully inadequate…don’t I get enough of that at home??), and I think Fig has been riding with our friend CL too much (CL = incessant yappage while riding).
Speaking of yappage, this guy keeps calling me looking for sponsorship…he must really be getting desperate.

 

Just kidding…the only calls I get are from people wanting to clean my ducts (that means telemarketers; not the fancy lady on the corner).
Speaking of sponsorship, Paul at BicycleWorks kindly donated an old (very, very old) bike to put in my trainer.  Check out this sweet setup!

 
Hey, it might be older than me, weigh more than me, and only have 5 working gears, but I had a test ride on it and it does exactly what I need it to do; and it saves me putting my real bikes in the trainer.  Thank you Paul!!  Further, when using the trainer (I prefer to ride the real thing whenever possible) I have always just used my imagination, some music, and a stopwatch to structure the ride/workout; however, today I have downloaded my first Sufferfest video; I’m itchin to try it!!  It is raining today, so today would be the perfect opportunity; however I have hockey tonight (and I play crappy if I am burnt from a solid ride), so it will have to wait till tomorrow.


I will keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment