Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Post 24

Still working on recovering from the 24...body parts still sore...

There were no races over the holiday weekend....not that I would have partook anyways.  But I did get out for a couple of rides to test the 'waters'...

The trails were rainsoaked....so on Saturday I took off for rail trail and gravel on the Crux (Cyclocross bike....because it would be more comfortable on my still sore bits than the road bike)...





I went solo...cuz no friends...plus I wasn't sure what I would be able to endure...

But I did meet a couple of new friends on the ride...



Weird cat pics, eh??


I did manage to survive the ride intact...so I thought I would opt for more on Sunday.  PowerPaul, Giant, Seth, and GrantSonOfSeth were planning a little ride...so I invited myself to join.  And I again opted to use the Crux...cuz hurty spots still...




Ya...it was long...but we stopped often for fun shite...and cuz I had hurty spots that required ocassional breaks...

Fun shite stops for things like...podium shots...





Cuz we are winners...or wanna be's.  This was actually at the PanAm games rowing venue on the Welland Canal...but hey...we can dreamz...no??

We stopped for big boats...



The big boat...still in the background...


We stopped to get the Buffalo skyline in the background...close enough that my phone thought we were in the US...





We stopped in Fort Erie for lunch...at an interestingly named restaurant...(if Lois called for me how would they answer??)




A necessary tourist stop at Niagara Falls...





For a dip at Niagara On The Lake...(it was safer than riding over the Falls...)


Seth played it safe with his helmet...


And a necessary coffee stop at Bazac's coffee house at Niagara On The Lake...(thought we might see the infamous Brandon George M there...but no go...)




OK...so it seems like there nothing but stops...but there was a shite ton of riding...


A large bridge...and my large arse...


And when Giant and Seth decided we should be doing speed interval repeats there was fast riding!  Too fast for me!!



Not keeping up with the Jones's
And not liking to draft...(yeah, that's it...)


Actually...I did OK keeping up...I think.  But it wasn't a great choice to let my hurty parts recover.  But a beauty day...and fun with friends...and a hell of a recovery spread put on by PowerPaul and his family for after.  No pics of the recovery shenanigans...cuz someone said must keep this post PG...

Anyways...the no race holiday weekend helped me to stay away from racing...but there may be something coming up this coming weekend...(well...not by me though).

A topic for next post...

Stay posted!!


There may have also been a 10th anniversary last week!
(No pics of that shenanigans either...cuz...PG post...)












No comments:

Post a Comment