Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Tuesday 15 November 2011

What I Am About - An Introduction

Welcome to RiotOnRacing, and thank you for taking the time to discover what I am all about.  So let's get right into it.

I am a 48 year old (as of 2011) male competitive cross country mountain biker, with a full time day job.  I was introduced to the mountain bike race scene 3 years ago, when a fellow hockey player asked me if I would be interested on filling in for a missing racer on his 5 man team for an upcoming 24 hour mountain biking relay race.  I was immediately hooked on the sport.

Besides working the day job, playing hockey at least once a week, and family (4 mostly grown children and a mostly grown spouse), I have spent the last 3 years learning and attempting to improve at the sport of mountain biking.  I have been working at increasing both my fitness and skill levels, while trying to participate in as many races as possible.

I live in southern Ontario, Canada (originally from Saskatchewan, moved here in 2000 for work), and race locally.  A degree in Kinesiology from the University of Regina gives a knowledge base regarding nutrition, and maintaining fitness (okay it is from 1984 but I do try to keep somewhat current).  I have been involved in sports all of my life, playing mostly ice hockey (goaltender), dabbling into other sports now and then, and now putting focus on mountain biking. Over the last 3 years of learning the sport, I have participated in point to point races, relay races, stage races, as a solo, and as a team member.  Summer of 2011 saw me earn my first podium finish, as a member of a 5 man team in a 24 hour relay race (Hot August Nights at Albion Hills run by Chico Racing).



So...my goals for 2012 are to be consistently in the top 5 in my category for each race, and in 2013 to be a consistent podium contender.

The intent of this blog is to keep a log of my strategies regarding nutrition, fitness improvement, riding schedule, and race strategy.  Hopefully it is motivational for both of us.  I invite you to join me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment