Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 14 April 2016

4 Out of 5 Dentists Agree...

So, due to overwhelming, crushing, debilitating demand that I post on Thursdays, rather than Fridays, I humbly conform and am posting on Thursday.  I'm like that...OK, not true...it was my idea...still I will blame the dentists...since Unglued says I blame lawyers for too much stuff.  Well, them and the Rothchilds.

Anyways...let's at least try to start this thing somewhat on track, eh?  My week in MTB...no races to report on this week...

Actually, the week started by getting invited by mtbmeister to a very interesting clinic on MTB racing nutrition.  The  clinic was hosted by ApexRacePhotography race team in Bolton, Ontario, and presented by former cycling pro, and current nutrition guru Anne Guzman.  So, on Saturday I dragged Fig out to Bolton to join me cuz I get lonely easily...I'm like that.  I found the clinic very informative and have made some changes to my diet as a result.  Fig thought it was very good as well....but complained that a nutrition clinic did not provide a lunch....Fig is like that.  He could go to the Mandarin and complain that there wasn't enough food.

Fig needs to learn to stash food like a squirrel...even garlic bread...apparently...

Seriously...squirrels like garlic bread...who knew??

Anyways, after the clinic there was a ride planned, so mtbmeister, Oggie, me and Fig all rode out to Palgrave to ride the trails.  It was an hour ride out, to find the trails dangerously icy....then an hour ride back.  So it turned into more of a road and gravel ride on MTBs...but still....a hell of a workout trying to keep up to this crew...

The only time I was in front on this ride...

And if this wasn't enough NewfieSteve dragged me out to Turkey Point trails on Sunday.  Why Turkey Point??  Cuz if every other trail system on the planet is not rideable for whatever reason...chances are Turkey Point is.  Seriously, it's like a dome of some gnarly voodoo protects the place...of course now that I say that they will probably do, like a controlled burn out there to prevent forest fires and shut down some of the trails for this weekend, or something...you best check out their Facebook page to make sure...

Anyways, with over 60kms of primo single track trails out there, we ripped it up for 3 hours or so until frost bite started settling in.  To recover, I demanded that we stop at the new brewery in Dundas and warm up...yup...demanded...cuz I'm like that...demanded...like this guy....





So, Steve relented and we stopped....new brewery, Dundas...called Shawn & Ed...or ShEd...check out their Facebook page...since apparently we are doing the Facebook thing in this post....and yes they have a safe place to park your bike if you ride there....and great beer!!


NewfieSteve and his Missus (NotNewfieLisa) at Shawn & Ed Brewery








Anyways...so if that wasn't enough...(riding I mean....not beer...or whiskey)...Blaze took me out this week for a rip around the bay....forcing me to do intervals for two hours...kicked my arse....but he provided Rumble for recovery...



Yeah...I like that shite!!

It perks me up like this before and after pic.....





Anyways...now I am getting ready for this...





Its SubstanceProject's first XC MTB race of the season....the Homage to Ice...

I'm kind of excited for the first XC Marathon race ....but kind of afraid it could be a slop fest if it doesn't dry out...fingers crossed...it should be OK....I just scare too easily...

In fact...started watching Game of Thrones this week...at friends' recommendations....felt exactly like this...



Anyways...don't let me get off track here...

Thanks to the crew at BicycleWorks in Waterdown, I've gotten the Raijin all decked out with a new drive train and wheels ready for the new season...





Bike is more ready than I am!  Plus you never know what kind of challenge DanOfSubstance will throw into the race route...he is evil like that.  CoachRob is doing his best to whip me into race shape...but I am still old, fatter than I want to be, and not fast enough.  Ah well...as long as Oggie doesn't run over me at this race...

By the way...since we are doing the Facebook thing...this is Oggie's favourite Facebook page...

Anyways....before I get into trouble, I'd better go get readier for Dan's race...
I'll let you know how it goes!!

Stay posted!!



No comments:

Post a Comment