Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 24 March 2016

Good Friday's Post Thursday

Yeah....a whole day early.  Anyways, nothing too exciting has gone on this week.  Just typical riding/training.  Sometimes solo...





Sometimes, destroying myself type training rides.  Sometimes easy recovery rides taking time to enjoy the local sites...







Sometimes, group training rides trying to keep up to the gifted like Giant, Oggie, Seth, Kyle, MarkR...

However, looking forward to this coming up on Friday...




I have never done it before, but I have heard it is huge fun.  It is actually a ride, and not a timed race.  However, guys like Giant and Oggie don't do anything just for fun; when it comes to bikes they are serious.  They will be fully gunning it at race pace; and if I have any hope to getting the post ride food provided, I will have to do my best to keep up...so I guess I will have to be serious too.  I can you know...here is my serious look...






It's not as good as Blaze's serious face though...




I think FiveFocusLaura has to work on that serious look though...
She could learn from Lois' serious look...







I should know, I see that look often....especially when I tease the cats...




unlucky cat






lucky cat??



Anyways, getting way off track here again...sorry, very bad habit.  So....looking forward to seeing many familiar faces at the Tillsonburn Friday, and it will be great prep for the Steaming Nostril coming up next week, and the Homage to Ice, and P2A all coming up yet before the end of April.

Speaking of actual races....my shiny new green OCA/UCI (whatever the heck it is) license appeared in the mail this week....so I am legal now...and serious.

Sorry, serious....I am throwing around your nickname on this post a lot...

serious being serious on the trail


Actually I think serious has been doing a boat load of indoor training....and secret outdoor training.  He will be a serious force to reckon with this season.  In fact, when he does ride outside for secret training he wears this mask...




His is a little livelier than my riding mask....




Yeah, I know, I'm no better at photography than I am at MTB.  I actually had to wear the mask Wednesday.  I got caught mid ride when the weather shifted suddenly from cool and dry, to ice cold wind and rain.

In case you cannot tell, that mask is the zombie mask that Blaze generously threw my way.  My crappy photog skills make it hard to see...kinda like this...




Don't tell your kids that is the Easter Bunny...and don't tell them this is either....





That would be just mean...

Anyways, we are a little ahead of ourselves, it's not yet Easter.  And I can't use my Easter stuff and leave  myself with nothing for next week, eh.

Anyways, speaking of mean...what's mean is following up a Good Friday 100km gravel grinder with this...

https://www.facebook.com/events/653231291482504/

Yeah, a 65km Group P2A training ride early Easter Saturday morning.  Thanks Giant, for planning and organizing this...I think.  These guys almost killed me last weekend with this ride, so this weekend should be interesting...

Especially with today's nice spring weather...(Freezing rain and snow here currently...)





Anyways, both events this weekend, the Tillsonburn on Friday, and the P2A Training Ride Saturday are open and welcome to all...so come on out and join in the fun.  Even if it is only to see a chubby, old, Metis Riot hurt...and yes, pointing and laughing is OK...then I will know you are a friend.

Whatever you choose to do, and how to celebrate, enjoy a great Easter long weekend!

Stay posted!






No comments:

Post a Comment