Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Monday 26 January 2015

Winter Sights??

So, EnglishJim tried to convince us he is spending the winter curling (usually a sport reserved for those who can't skate).  However there is now pictorial evidence that he has actually taken up snowmobiling...








Sorry...I guess I should have given you a little more warning...

Actually there have been reports he has been seen on a MTB in Dundas this past weekend!!  At least we know he is still alive!!

Haven't heard from Giant in a while either.  There is speculation that he is back stuck in his hole...




Actually the truth is that he is doing a ton of secret training....so watch out for him this spring!

As far as my winter training, I have been on the trainer only when necessary.  I have had the Epic out in the snow...



But the shock does not like the cold...so I decided to make the Raijin my winter bike...
Recent conditions have made the trails exceptionally icy, it was almost man overboard...



Don't worry....this didn't happen...





And to make sure it doesn't, I have resorted to putting studs and a rear derailleur on the Raijin for the winter...

So who else is still winter riding??  There have been signs...

JeffS??



Charlie



Mike



CptSydor and VVagabond have resorted to cross training...




The less hardy now ride inside...misconceptionz, Blaze??




And this week we are supposed to get a ton of snow....



The fatboys will be back out again!  And speaking of fatboys, my last foray onto a weight scale showed me at 191 lbs.  Don't worry I won't get to this point...





I have about the same chance of looking like this...















Woah!!  OK...sorry about that....don't know how that got in there!

Anyways, so yes....still training...still dropping the holiday weight....or trying to.  And now looking to what races will fit into the 2015 schedule.

I have only registered for the P2A so far, and will likely also do the Steaming Nostril this 'spring'.  I have not registered but am committed to solo singlespeed for the three 8 hour races, and am committed to soloing the 24 hour Summer Solstice.  I am considering the OCup series.

I also enjoy Substance Projects' XC Marathon series, so those races will be on the agenda.  Substance Projects has also run a very fun 100 mile MTB race in the past, but the rumour is that this won't happen for 2015 (sad times!!!).  So I am considering this race:

http://www.marathonmtb.com/2014/12/17/gaspe-to-hold-first-100-mile-mtb-race-in-eastern-canada/

Looks like fun, in a region I have never ridden....and follow it up with a 100 mile road Gran Fondo the next day!!

Let's see what happens!  Until next week...

Stay posted!!




No comments:

Post a Comment