Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Scared Mountain Biker??

So what scares a mountain biker??  You might think this...

 


Or this...

 


 or even this...
 
 
 
 

But no...what really scares this MTB wanna-be is road racing!  Yes...road racing.  As a MTBer I prefer the single line traffic of single track or passing (or being passed by) other racers on 4 foot wide double track.  The idea of riding in a pack of other racers surrounding you by a mere 3 -4 centimetres while riding at 40 – 50 km per hour terrifies me.  Actually that’s not the scary part...it’s the possibility of someone clipping your tire and hitting the pavement at that speed amongst a mess of broken carbon and spandex leg-shavers.

But I have a decent road bike, and I train on it alot, so a couple of friends (of course much bigger than me) have bullied me (you know who you are...Fig, Jeff, not to mention any names), into entering a road race.  In fact, they badgered me until I was sad as this guy.

 

 
So now, I am entered into this race.




 

They say it is good training for mountain bike racing...we will see...this Saturday.  My friends say to relax, have a rye and Coke.  Well I am restricting my rye intake to try to stay in shape during the racing season, (besides when I drink I want to eat everything in sight), and I don’t drink coke much after seeing this ad...

 


 

Kind of angry ... like this guy
 
 
 


Sorry if I have offended you...not really...
 

 

Speaking of being offensive...a couple of readers of this artwork, have asked why so many cat pics.  Well I have a couple of cats (they work great as louffas in the shower, and I can rest assured that if I die on the couch choking on my coffee they won’t let my body rot), but that’s not it.  They are just funny...actually I think cat’s may be either highly spiritual....or autistic...

 

 

Anyways...getting way off track again...back to the stupid road race.  Lois tells me that no matter what happens i will still be her Superman.  Don’t know if she means a doofus in a costume?
 
 

 


No..I am just a regular Metis man (does the planet Metis have a red sun??)

 




 

Well getting well off track again.  I will let you know how this silly race goes...

Stay posted!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment