Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 20 October 2016

Homeward

Well...what a week...for me, that is.  Finally heading home today, after a week of visiting as much family as could be fit in (oh yes, I have a shite ton of family...that I know about)....and all of their pets (and oh yes, they have more pets than I can name, or count...).

Apparently I am a bit of an arse when it comes to pic taking...


Apparently back to the camera, looking at the floor is bad form...

My brother is much better...


Or not...

No goofy faces allowed...



Finally a half descent pic taken...

My brother and two out of five) sisters...

More sisters...

And pets...

Yeah...that is my daughter's 'cat' Felix...

Anyways...this is a mountain bike blog...sort of...sometimes.
Actually...I feared that on this trip, that this would be the extent of my bike activity...



However...in addition to family I managed to fit in visits with long lost freinds.  One of them, Chris (whom I taught high school with in a former life) does ride bikes.  So we managed a couple of rides...

Monday, on a medium (I am a large) Devinci hardtail, through the city of Saskatoon in a biting -3 degree prairie wind; dropping into the trails surrounding the Saskatchewan River, and back.  Just felt good to be back on a bike after a week off...on new trails, and catch up with a good freind.  Chris' spouse thinks it is weird how we can, after 4 years, just say Hi...jump on bikes, and go.  Must be a guy thing??

Then Wednesday, again with Chris, on a medium Fatbike (a 2014 Kona Wo), through some great muddy, leafy, twisty singletrack...with continuous punchy climbs and dives...rocks and drops...the perfect trails for fatbikes.  So much fun!  But too short...needed to repeat the ride...if only time allowed.

I got back to my sister's home (where I am currently staying)...my mother (who also lives here) asked, "How was your ride?".  
I said, "Great...even though a coyote bit my leg."  (There are multiple coyote warnings on the trails...).  
Mom said, "Oh my god!  Did you put something on it!?".
I replied, "No, he liked it plain."
My sister had to explain that I was joking.

Actually we did witness a hawk attack a magpie and carry it off during the ride...seriously.

Anyways, you can check out the rides on the Strava widget on the right border of this page if you are so inclined...

A couple trail pics...(I really should have taken more trail/bike/rider pics....but again...ApexTed declined the offer to come with...).




If you notice...I am trying hard to avoid any more American political jokes.  The whole thing is a joke on its own, unfortunately.  So I will leave it alone...this time.  (I am sure both Andrea and Oggie are thankful).

Anyways...looking forward to getting back to my Lois, and my home.  So short one today...I have to get to the airport.  Especially since DanOfSubstance doesn't have the TransCanada Mountain Bike Race route plotted out yet...I have to resort to taking an airplane other than my bike...

Then some Ontario trails Friday??  Weekend??
Hoping the forecasted rain stays away!

I will let you know...

Stay posted!!

One of my aunt's 'cats'.


No comments:

Post a Comment