Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 27 October 2016

Falls in the Fall

So beauty weather here today...if you are an Inuit duck, perhaps.  So no riding for this cat.  Luckily, I got a couple of rides in this week since the big Jessie ride on the weekend.  Monday was mostly recovery, off the bike, day.  However, Tuesday I made the opportunity to ride the Raijin, once again set up single speed.



Back in it's natural state...


My intention was to ride the various Falls trails (twists, and roots, and rocks) from my house, to the Spencer Creek Trail, to Christie Lake trails, and to Dundas Conservation trails, and back.  As I got into the Falls trails though, I encountered so many hikers/tourists I had to ditch and take the road to the Spencer Creek trail.  At first I was surprised to see so many hikers on a Tuesday afternoon, but I believe they wanted to see what could be the last vestiges of the fall colours in the Dundas valley...


view from Dundas Peak (not my pic)

...and the fall view of the various waterfalls in the area...




(again, not my pics...I am not that good of a photog...)

So...onto the Spencer Creek trails, then into Christie Lake trails...

Never made it to the Dundas trails...

It is just so much fun at Christie.  The volunteer trail builders have put so much work into the trails...and they are so flowy and bermy, you can rail them at any speed.  And the trail builders took the previous years logging (forest maintenance??) 'leftovers' to make a couple of new features.  And single speed friendly...there are no crazy hike a bike climbs.  And I am not sure how they did it, but the trail builders did it in such a way that the trails flow in either direction.  Kind of like this guy?


Taco cat


Anyways I found myself staying at Christie longer than planned...repeating Ebb & Flow a couple of times...the flowy Trillium trail...and the others...until it was time to head back...




So maybe Dundas next time....

Yesterday I managed to get out for a short blast on our local Waterdown trails.  I say short, but the punchy, steep, technical (roots, rocks, twists), ups and downs of our local trails while fun as heck, always give you more of a workout than you are looking for.

And so...what is up this coming weekend?

Well, for me on Saturday...weather permitting...I plan on heading to Barrie area where a local guide...



...well not quite that kind of guide...








Nope...not that kind either...


A local rider from the Bike Zone race team has offered to guide on some of the local trails...many that I have not yet ridden.  NewfieSteve is joining...and Fig is considering; and there is room for more!  Should make for a great day of trail riding...just in time to consider that Simcoe County Mountain Bike Club membership...

Also Saturday, if you are into cyclocross racing, is the Cookie Cross race in Toronto.  I think the Lapdogs may be somehow involved with this race.  Contact Blaze to find out more...just kidding on that...Unglued may be the more appropriate contact person in this case.  I believe that pre-reg for the Cookie Cross ends tonight at midnight at www.CXTO.ca    So if ya want in...get on it!

Then on Sunday, it is the Big Ass Night Ride in Dundas from the Shawn & Ed Brewing Co.  However, this event is now SOLD OUT....so if you didn't get signed up...look forward to next year!  A couple of hundred riders night lights on the Dundas trails is a sight to see; and all the various crazy costumes.  Too bad...I was considering wearing my Halloween kit too...





And I found Fig a great Halloween bike...





Anyways...I may be getting out of hand again...so perhaps time to call it.  Heading to the gym...since this weather is not ride compatible today...

Whatever you have planned for this weekend, have fun...ride safe!
Report to follow on Tuesday...

Stay posted!







No comments:

Post a Comment