Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 15 September 2016

Thursdays Purg

So...a couple of events happening this weekend...

The Albion Enduro promoted by Superfly  Racing at Albion Hills and Palgrave...I think quite a few local mountain bikers will be out for this one.

There is also the Blue Mountain Centurion out Collingwood way, for the more roadie types....like Fig.  Yup...Fig is doin it...although he is nursing a bit of an injury...which is nothing new for Fig...and I won't detail the nature of the injury so as not to give away any of Fig's secrets....but...there may have been a camera present at the time...





Anyways, some of us not participating in these events may be getting ready for Pulse Racing's Fall 8 Hour race being held on Sept 24th, out at Hardwood Hills.  Looks like Jaimie may be dragging me up there tomorrow to pre ride the course...then Sunday with NewfieSteve??

In respect to throwback Thursday...here is a pic of one of my first Epic 8 Hour races...




I think this is from 2009...but I distinctly remember this pic because as I came up and over the rock I was startled to see ApexTed laying on the ground at the base of the bridge with his camera pointing up at me.  Kind of a sketchy sight for a native fella to encounter in the woods.  Luckily Ted is a friendly....

Anyways...as I perused my pic folios for this pic...I found another throwback pic...from 2010 Hot August Nights 24 hour (the last HAN??)...which was also my first medal in this sport...with great friends and teammates (5 person team)...




Actually, it was at this race I learned one of my greatest life lessons from EnglishJim...that being...Never, Ever, fall asleep amongst a group of your best 'friends'...






Crazy thing is...EnglishJim went on to make millions when a famous guy decided to make a statue of this pic....















Anyways...guess I'm getting way off topic again.  Sorry Jim.  Enough bringing up the past.  Damn throwback Thursdays!!
So, perhaps we better call this thing before I get into any more trouble.  I have intervals to go do anyways...thanks to CoachRob.

Best of luck to everyone competing this weekend!!  Most of all enjoy!!  Isn't that really what we do this for??

Til Tuesday...

Stay posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment