Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 22 September 2016

Loading the 8 ball - Fall Epic 8 Hour Mountain Bike Relay




So, two days to the Fall Epic 8...and I am registered up.  Shoot for the podium right??  Until I look at the registration list and see that my BicycleWorks team cohort Martin is registered so there goes one podium spot.  Scroll a little further...

There is TerryS...what is he doing in Solo??  Well there goes another podium spot.  Keep scrolling...

Holy mother of pastafarianism!!!  There is a bowlfull of solos registered!!  Gotta be close to 100...over 80 of them in solo male.  Well, if there are 25 spots on the podium...I could have a shot!

Some names I recognize...
Fig is there as always.  DavidV all the way from Queeebec.   Perennial Lapdog JasonM.  Ken the 'Meat Train'?  Even ChirstianEye!

Unglued is slacking off and going the team route for this one.

And unfortunately I do not see friendly competitors serious, and dskunk.  Maybe only need 23 podium spots then??  Where is Raf??  And all the PinoyPedalPushers??

So many names I don't recognize but they wouldn't be there if they weren't fast, fit, and ready...

There are 10 solo females registered so far...including Meredith of BikeZone.  TraceyS is in there too.  And Juliette...hey Juliette, do you know you are registered in both Solo and a team?  Do you have a twin sister we don't know about?  Not that I am into that kind of thing...  Where is Alexa...SSSarah??  Looks like they have gone off to join teams...talked into it by DonnaDub???

And 7 solo singlespeeders registered...including RocketDog, and Hal....should make for some interesting competition there!

And so many teams registered!!  The start paddock will be huge for this!!
JeffS and his crew, scattered all over the mixed team category.  I wonder if he will ride his fatbike or his XC bike...doesn't matter...the motor seems to fit in all of his bike frames.
And what is the TrueGrit team that is all over the place?  Something new??
Many Lapdogs in one form or another...
Oggie and his NuckingFuts...always there.
Burnsy is on a team of four....

Anyways...it should be a party!!   Rock & Roll!!

ApexTed should be on site to capture all the action ninja style!!  I may be a bit biased but I personally think this is one of Ted's bet pics ever...from last years' Fall 8 Hour...




It shows his skill at enhancing the appearance of fitness and speed of the subject.

This is also one of Ted's best pics...




Such a display of the ninja skills....he shot and posed for this one at the same time!!!

Anyways...you are still wondering about the pastafarian thing aren't you??  Is this enough of a clue??



No?



Still no?  Well this should give it away...




You know...old colanders never die...they just can't take the strain any longer...

Anyways...I shouldn't make fun...it is supposedly a real religion...seriously, I wouldn't joke about that...





Sorry...that was bad...

Anyways...speaking of pasta...guess I should finish this post and get food ready for this race...although I think I will stick with the champorado...tried and true.  I don't like to experiment with food too much before an 8 hour race.






Been there...that's almost what it feels like if your nutrition is off the mark in these races.






Anyways...so much competition at this race...I plan just to go out, give it my all...but have fun...finish off the race season with a smile.  Here's hoping!

Race report to follow...on Tuesday.

Stay posted!





No comments:

Post a Comment