Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 25 August 2016

Thursday Thor's day Sore day...


Not to focus on the past...but a great article (much more professional than my blog schlock) by Damian, a review of Dan's Eager Beaver 2.0, here at the Gravel Cyclist.

And not to overly flog a dead horse (who would do that???  Where do these sayings come from??)...anyways...a great video of the Eager Beaver 2.0...here by the folks at Big Ring Entertainment.  Spoiler alert!!  The ending is very cool!!!

Anyways...now that we have spent all day on the past...how about a glimpse of the future?  The next race on the schedule is another one of Dan's races.  The Kingston Trophy.  It's the 4th race in Dan's Substance Projects Marathon Race Series.  I have never done this race....but the course is supposed to be unique and exceptional.  Just to confuse you between past and future...here is another video by Big Ring...of last year's (2015) Kingston Trophy...here.

Anyways, that is the next race I am planning on....and trying to get my race mojo back for.  I keep riding...as much as possible...or at least as much as CoachRob directs.  He even has me jog once in a while.  I'm not really a fan of jogging...it hurts!!  Plus it's really hard to carefully open a flask while on a trail run.

Nursing a bit of a tweaked glute/back muscle too...don't want that to get out of hand...

I'm also trying to keep the weight at/under 175.  The weight thing is tough for me...the old body much prefers to be around 190...so eating an 8 oz pizza slice results in a 5 lb weight gain...not really sure how that is scientifically possible...but that's how it goes.  So I don't eat pizza...much.  Lois thinks I am a little too preoccupied with my weight maintenance...I picked up on that from this conversation snippet...

Lois:  You know what your ideal weight is dear?
Me:  What is it dear?
Lois:  About 3 lbs if you include the urn...




Ya....OK then.  I don't get on the scale with Lois around anymore...

It has been a bit tough to stay focused lately though...so many friends vacationing and sending me pics...

Paul...who is at the beach this week...sends me this...




I don't think this is Paul, nice bike though...



And the Saskatchewan Roughriders were in town this past weekend to play the TiCats...nothing untoward went on there to get me off track...much...




(photo cred to Lois...seriously)




See!!


Blaze keeps inviting me to go on his sail boat...cuz nothing bad ever happens on a sail boat right??
I don't even dare to post any of those pics...

Ah well...if I didn't sin a little once in a while...would mean Jesus did all his good stuff for nothing then...or something like that.

At least I am wearing pants today...











Anyways...here I go...way off track again.  Sorry....
Actually, September is jammed packed with race options...

There is another O'Cup at Sir Sams Sept 11th
There is the Dairy Capital 6HR at the Pines Sept 11th
There is Enduro at Albion and Palgrave Sept 17th
There is the Fall 8HR at Hardwood Sept 24th

I think I have all those dates right...

Anyways...all those options should make it easier to stay focused...and get the race mojo going and make some decisions on which races I can fit in!  For now...it is the Kingston Trophy on Sept 3rd.

Anyways, CoachRob has me riding/training my arse off for the rest of this week...a mtb ride today...long mtb rides Saturday and Sunday...

Who wants to come help kick my arse on the weekend??
Report to come on Tuesday...

Stay posted!




















No comments:

Post a Comment