Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 2 June 2016

Mountain Bike Throwback and More EB

So apparently my last post raised some eyebrows...








Actually....probably more like this...




Anyways, yeah...on a couple of points...

First...the preview of Substance Projects EB 100 2.0, the 100 mile gravel grinder coming August 13th.  Yup...it is going to be tough, without a doubt;  beyond challenging, soul cracking...tough...no other way to put it.  But that's the point.  That's what will make it epic....that's what will make it worthy.  That's what will make you proud that you attempted, and accomplished it.  You took on, and defeated the first ever EB 100 2.0.

I don't think Canada (or at least Ontario), has a real off road 100 miler.  As such, I believe this race will rival and become as infamous as 100 milers south of the border...like Iron Cross, Cohutta, Mohican; and it will be an honour to look back and say you competed in the very first one.  It is going to be one heck of  a great day!!  Fun, in that typical off road/CX/MTB kind of way!!

If we wanted easy, we would all be riding one of these...




If not these...





Sorry Jaimie....this is not what I meant by 'easy ride'....





Anyways...if you think it is going to be tough...consider this.  Raf is doing it on his fatbike!!!  When I heard he was doing this, I considered joining him and doing the same....for about a second.  Then I realized this was seriously nuts!!  I barely limped to the finish pre riding on my carbon CX.  Good for you Raf!!  Set of big 'uns!!

So, go sign up...when you kick that Beavers arse, you will be glad you did....and make the after party worthy!!









Actually, to put things into perspective (and in the interest of Throwback Thursday)...in 2008, my buddy Blaze teamed up with Ted (not ApexTed!), to compete in one of the toughest races in the world...the TransRockies!!  I dug through the archives and found the link of the blog/diary of their adventure...


Check it out (It's fine...it's Thursday and the boss thinks you are researching...).  At 7 days, and approximately 100kms and 2000m of racing and climbing per day....this makes the EB 100 look like a cakewalk (mmmmmm, cake....).  I had no idea Blaze had this in him...half the field dropped out of this one...did Blaze and Ted finish it??  

Anyways...so register...join me...or Raf (if you dare!)....we will kick some EB tail together!

Oh yeah...the other point that got noticed in Tuesday's blog post ...

It was my bit about how riding with PPP was a reminder of the joy at the core of mountain biking.  At this time of the season most of my posts are racing related (not race related...that's different...says the Metis).  Several people commented on how it was refreshing to be reminded of what the real point is...that we bike for fun.  We all define fun and joy in our own ways...infinite even...but the comments reminded me of a post I created on this blog a few years ago, about my why...  So I dug through the archives to find it...and in the interest of Throwback Thursday...I present it again...


Check it out (It's fine...it's Thursday and the boss thinks you are researching...). 

Finally....speaking of racing...what's up this weekend??  The OCup/Canada Cup at Horseshoe, of course.  And yes....me nervously out of my league in Expert...my goal will be just to finish...ribs intact-ish (they are getting better....very slowly).  It will be gravy to not DFL...ah hell...let's kick it up a notch...goal = DFL minus 2, ribs still intact (thanks for the push to up the goal CptSydor!!).

Anyways...long enough...the boss is starting to look at you funny (raised eyebrow??)...
I will let you know how the Canada Cup goes...in Tuesday's post...

Stay posted!



OK...I stopped...thank you...


2 comments: