Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 26 May 2016

Mountain Bike Relaxation

So, I am not racing this coming weekend.  I will ride, some for training....but mostly for fun.
There is a race this weekend....there is this...

Click on pic to go to webpage...(Yeah...tricky like that...)


Looks like a great race, fun times, great venue...50 kms at Hardwood...gotta love that.  But with the racing schedule packed full for the next month, I opt to take this weekend off.

I will be riding, however.  In fact today (Thursday), I will be pre-riding The Eager Beaver 100 2.0 with Substance Projects promoter DanOfSubstance.  100 miles...160 kms...of gravel, farm lane, and double track...in 30 degree heat...should be sufficient to provide a crushing workout...

Should be a nice healing workout for the ribs...

Actually, CoachRob has me working more on power than endurance right now, but the 100 mile route has over 8000m of climbing....so a good mix of power and endurance work.
I also asked CoachRob about working on dismounting and mounting like a Cross racer...
He asked, "How flexible are you?"
I said, "I can't do Wednesdays."





Yeah...sorry...bad joke...I guess.

Anyways, if that wasn't enough riding...this weekend, Friday to Sunday, will be spent camping and riding with this guy...NewfieSteve (and whoever else shows up...)




Except maybe we will ride with a more serious look...






Yeah...that's better.  And this shenanigans will be happening out at Albion hills.  Feel free to join...will be there all weekend.  And who knows...maybe ApexTed will be jumping from behind trees to take pics??

So lots of hard but fun riding,  relaxing but not exactly relaxing...at least not like this...





Hopefully not like this...unless I get heat stroke today...or if NewfieSteve pulls out the Jager...








And unfortunately not like this...unless Lois surprisingly shows up...







Anyways....so, no racing...but riding.  But as mentioned the schedule is packed with upcoming races the next four weekends in a row, with the next two being back to back Canada Cups, followed by a weekend of another Marathon race...then finishing off the month with the 24 Hour Summer Solstice, which I will be soloing.  Looking like I may have quite the pit crew for the 24 Hour too...with Blaze and Matty Tee manning my pit...and Lois dropping in early Sunday morning.  It doesn't get much more grueling than that, but looking forward to it!!

So for this weekend fun riding, with much more racing and reporting to come...

Stay posted!


Me after writing this??

No comments:

Post a Comment