Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 28 April 2016

Thursday...Frightening!

So with the P2A in the past like a politician's crack habit (What??  Too soon??), what is up next?

Well immediately this weekend is the start of the OCup season with Race #1 out at Woodnewton.  And yes, this race has me scared...again.





Me at the OCup

Why??..Well because it is the first race of the OCup season, which is a very competitive series...and because these races are not really my preference.  I prefer the endurance type races...8+ hours.  The OCups are a full out red-lining effort for 1.5 - 2 hours...they hurt.  And this year I upgraded from Sport to Expert which means I will likely finish near DFL, if not DFL every race...these guys are redonculously fast.  However, the Expert races are 4 laps of the course (as opposed to 3 in Sport), which is good for me to improve...the Expert course is also typically more challenging technically (more fun) than Sport...also good for me (cuz my technical skills are lacking).

And because my focus is on the endurance races, I have done away with my carbon hardtail Stumpjumper.  So now my go to (and only) XC race bike is my titanium Raijin...more comfortable than the Stumpie, lighter and fewer moving parts than a full suspension.

So Saturday I will head up to Woodnewton with Giant to pre-ride the course and know how afraid I should be...then Sunday is the race...when I will find out I was not afraid enough.  Scarey...

Well maybe not as scarey as this...








Or this...





Or this...






But still...pretty scarey...

Anyways...speaking of marathon and endurance races, there are a couple coming up next weekend (May 7th) that if you haven't registered for, you should before it is too late.

If a 60km marathon style race is more your bag then check out the Spring Chicken...



...a very popular marathon XC race run by BORCA, a group of great people.  This is in Beachburg...the area of the province that was home to this past winter's Wendigo (the 100km Ultra Fatbike race that Giant damn near won, and I damn near lost body parts in!)  I have never done the Spring Chicken (yet), but it gets great reviews!!  There is even a trail running option!  So if the marathon style race is your thing...check it out.

If you prefer the endurance relay race format then check out the Spring Epic 8 Hour Relay race.  This will be happening in Mansfield, run by Chico Racing.  Team and Solo options, Mansfield always presents a challenging race course.

I know this scarey dude is signed up...



13Stone....all of it angry


And this guy...who may look mild mannered, but when the race is on the monster comes out...serious...






So I will have my competition cut out for me at this one...

So there ya have it...you have options!!  Choose!!

The new brewery in Dundas, Shawn & Ed Brewing opened earlier this month and is now up and running...if you are in the area check it out.  Lois and I have...and dragged others along with us of course...(not as scarey that way...).  The venue is amazing...there is a retail store at the front, and a bar at the back, and the beer is great!  Krys-of-Domestique is involved, so it seems like it could be a great place to start/finish rides!




Anyways...I am focusing on this weekend...and surviving the OCup.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Stay posted!


Scarey


No comments:

Post a Comment