Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Friday 18 March 2016

Write Title He- (SQUIRREL!!!)

So, not a lot to report this time around.  After the epic fail that was Wendigo, I have been hitting the training schedule as much as life, liberty, and Lois will allow....and whatever CoachRob tells me to do.  Unfortunately with the weather we have been getting the last few days, has meant some riding in the rain and wind.  Ah, well....beats golf.

And been riding with the likes of these guys...the experts and elites...just to see how long I can keep up before getting dropped like a nerd at the prom...(yeah that was me...)




And yes....still trying to lean out more...cuz so far, I am still that `before`picture...
Kinda like this...






Anyways...also, this week, BicycleWorksPaul was finally successful in getting an OCA sanctioned BicycleWorks race team...so my license is now applied for...with one difference.


Yeah...in an attempt to avoid serious, BobM, and MikeL, I have upgraded from Sport to Expert.  Now my goals will be to not finish DFL every OCup, and possibly to keep guys like Oggie or Guy in sight.

Of course before the XC MTB season really starts, there are the gravel grinders....and April is packing up with options.  Here is what I have going so far...

March 25 - TillsonBurn 100km
March 26 - PinoyPedalPushers T.O. Centurion
April 3 - Steaming Nostril
April 10 - Almonte Paris Roubaix (Not yet registered...waiting on the LandHams to confirm)
April 16 - Substance Projects Homage to Ice XC Marathon
April 24 - Paris to Ancaster

So, yeah, bit of a packed plate for the next month or so...
Kinda like this...





So I knew I had work to do, but I was warned not to ride on St. Patty`s day...






So, I didn`t...I did one of those trail running days instead...but I`m not sure that was such a good idea either.  Seriously, as I was running down a rocky trail...within a couple of kms from home...a squirrel fell\jumped\flew....I don`t know which....but he literally landed directly on my head!!!

I`m being completely serious!  It scared the bejeezus outta me!!  (and I don`t even know what that is).  As the squirrel scampered off, I was still screaming like a little girl...still not even really sure what just happened...

Anyways, that was enough...FTS...I headed home...especially knowing I was going to have to contend with this later....






Luckily I brought an evil cohort to fend off the demon Blazes...







Or something like that....


Anyways...off track again....and I have a boatload of challenges I need to get ready for...(and now a burned in fear of flying rodents I need counselling for)...

Stay posted!









No comments:

Post a Comment