Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Monday 4 January 2016

Friday's post Monday?

So, yeah sorry....I got a little distracted by something on Friday...(recovering???); so the post got delayed to today...

Anyways I did manage to get a fair bit of riding in through all of the festivities of the past week...most of it actually stuck to CoachRob's training plan....and most of it was fatbiking...

There was some solo fatbiking...



Some on our local trails...one of my favourite lines...the jump line...



Considered jumping this too...then thought better of it...(although serious insists I should have tried...he's nice like that)...




I have never ridden at Durham Forest, until last week.  Headed out there with Burnsy to meet JeffS and his gang (Hal and GregS)...




The Durham trails are awesome!!  So many hills...and of course JeffS had to find them all...and do them all at Mach10 for 3  full hours.




It got so bad I started to call him 'Shikaze'.  In case you didn't know, 'Shikaze' is an old Metis term that means 'let's find another fricken hill'!!!  Yes, I am an old Meti's....in fact a year older after this last week...

And yes there was a birthday ride...which some of the FatboyNation came down to join me, Fig, Giant, and NewfieSteve...




But it was such deep, wet. sloppy snow and mud that even fatbikes didn't have traction.  Made for a very slow, but intense workout...   I drove Giant mad....he's not used to going so slow...

So we had cake after...




I've also wanted to ride with PinoyPedalPushers all year, but it hasn't worked out....until this last week.  New Years Eve had me and NewfieSteve head to Albion to join the group for a ride...





A couple of hours on Albion's snowy hills...with an Ironman star to make sure we didn't slow down...thank you PinoyRyder!!








Ooops!  Anyways...

New Years day was a ride with the local gang out at Dundas (after a mis-communication with FatboyNation who ended up at Turkey Point!...sorry guys...).



There may have been some recovery juice involved in this ride...but after 2 hours of trying to keep up to Giant (did I mention how fast he is now???)...it was required...





Even managed a 80km CX ride on the road with Giant and Fig....and Fig didn't bonk!!  But it was too dang cold to take any pics...

And to stay true to CoachRob's training plan, I got in some adaptive training in the form of a trail run...



Yeah trail runs scare me....I always think Giant is out there somewhere...ready to attack and pass me...again...





Well that's random...but kinda true...





Oooop....apparently this dog knows me...

Maybe I will have to try this...



Actually I have done OK so far this winter...haven't got too out of hand weight wise...so getting back to race weight should be easy....ish.  (Thank you for spell-check....my fingers spell 'weight' wrong every damn time!)

While we are on random...this was seen out there...




Anyways...before I get too off track...that was my last week....I hope yours didn't leave you too much like this....




Anyways....let's all look forward to the new year...(if not the next blog post...).
I wish you all the best!!

Stay posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment