Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Friday 14 August 2015

Buckwallow OCup - Another race I missed...but wait!!

Yup....I missed the Buckwallow OCup this passed weekend.  Buckwallow, the land of rocks an rocks...

And me, if you have been following, still nursing an abscessed saddle sore (yum, eh?), and a damaged rib or two, was not able to partake.  But many did!

serious hates rocks....but he 'bucked' up and attended....and survived.

Giant did not survive...he broke a chain and DNF'd.  But he was in good company....there were many DNFs, due either to mechanicals, or crashes on rocks.

JeffS....literally seconds from the podium!!  Jeff isn't used to seeing the podium from below...next time!  By the way....Jeff is so fast he can train and take cool pics like this at the same time....





CoachRob took second place!  Sorry, CoachRob....I know you are used to being at least 40 minutes out front most of the time!

The Rock & Road team was there.  ScottyDave, MarkR, JennR...oh yeah...all Jenn did was win the thing!!




She is faster than all of us!!

Then John....who loves technical features...posted a top ten in the elite cat!!  Fast!!





And Oggie...back from a broken collar bone earlier in the season...how did he do??  Only third...wow!!  The time off apparently only made him faster!!



Blaze is still wrist recovering.
misconceptionz is kidding around.

A load of Lapdogs are off to do Leadville this coming weekend!


Good luck ladies and gents!!  Should be epic!!  Hope to get some good stories (Unglued is always good for such...)


Where was Fig??  Doing this...


Seriously!  He did that...planned out and all...129kms it took!

So now I will have to do this, when I can ride for 200kms again...




But wait!!  Ride again??  Well as chance would have it I will be racing (ish), this coming weekend!  Yes, thanks to SomeGuy's misfortune and mtbmeisters sleuthing I was able to scoop a spot at the Crank the Shield this weekend!  Thanks Guy!






My damaged ribs are about 85% healed, ache a bit on hard efforts, but shouldn't be an issue as long as I don't fall on them.

The ass-ball (yeah, that's what I've called it...), is about 75% healed...here I will show you...












Just kidding that wasn't me....

That was EnglishJim....





Anyways...sorry about that...crude shite...   Not normally my style...  Well, if we are OK with being crude, might as well throw this in....


XXXXXXXX - Photo removed by MomOfRiot - XXXXXXX


Ah, sorry....couldn't do it....even my mom would be disgusted (and was....apparently).  It was funny though....

Anyways, again.  So, my saddle sore, about 75% healed....so I can ride skooched over a bit...should be all good for Crankin...

And I have chosen to ride the Raijin, because being titanium instead of carbon, it is so much more compliant than the hardtail Stumpjumper...that it will be easier on my parts for the endurance/marathon races.  I have however, moved it out of the singlespeed cat (for the meantime), and put a 10 speed cassette (with derailleur and shifter, of course!) on it...

So, she looks like this now....




So I should be as cool as a moose in a pool????






Although, nobody is as cool as this guy....







Or as cute as this???





Doh!!!  Sorry, way off track again....

Anyways...I hadn't planned to do the Crank because of an already loaded race schedule...however after missing the last couple of weeks, and the last two races...and with the opportunity to get in, I need to get back at it.  Besides....I need to burn off the fat I accumulated while healing...to get back into race shape for the races I did plan for...





Yup....that's CoachRob giving me the 'You fat bastard!' evil eye...

So, we will see how this weekend goes...and may need to restructure my schedule upcoming accordingly...

Anyways, guess I better get packing!  My Cat5 bags shall be lonely no more....






PowerPaul, Jaimie, Giant, and EnglishJim will all be joining me (along with several hundred others!!)...should be something worthy of reporting...for next post!!  (Hopefully better than this one, eh??)

So.....stay posted!





No comments:

Post a Comment