Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Thursday 26 March 2015

Pre-Nostril Update

So I'm told its time for another post.  So let's get at 'er.

The Steaming Nostril is upon us (gross!) this weekend!
Looking forward to it...



Well maybe not that...but it is one of the warmest, most comfortable races of the season!
70 kms on the trails and gravel roads of Menonite country in March...here are some memories of Nostrils past...








Well, maybe not that last one...

Anyways...to some this is the first race of the season, to some they avoid it because they are wusses and afraid of the conditions.  For many this is a training race for the upcoming Paris2Ancaster in April.

For me, I may just be struggling to survive it.  My body is still adapting to the nutritional, and training protocol I have undertaken in order to drop the weight I put on over the winter holidays...

I'm getting lots of questions about this 'nutritional protocol'...so will be a future post on that...if it works out...

On that note, I am down to my goal weight of 175 lbs...YAY!!!  But there is still a layer, or two....or three, of padding covering these spectacular abs (I hope there might be one in there).  So I am not quite ready to dial up the calories, and adjust the macro-nutrient ratios just yet.  I'll give it a couple of more weeks...to give me time to lead into the P2A.  We will see how that hurts me for the Nostril...if you see me laying on the side of the road like a Fig...you will know why.

Actually Fig has not been training much all winter...but he as been doing this...


Seriously....and it has been working for him...so look out for Fig this season!!

And then there are guys with new bikes...who were already fast...so look out for them...
Like NewfieSteve, JeffS, Cpt. Sydor, and anyone else on the Rock&Road team, Neil, Oggie, Giant, the Pinoy gang...even Unglued!!

I will be hanging back with EnglishJim...or maybe not!  Me and NewfieSteve have caught EnglishJim secret training a couple of times this winter.  And he says he has been curling...but now we know that he has actually been posing for artists this winter...





The artist obviously took some creative 'rights' here...and did not include the nipple tape.  And I guess we will have to start calling EnglishJim 'Stubby' now...I mean, because of his left foot.

Anyways...back to racing and training.  Here is some proof that some of that is happening...a R&R training ride that they were gracious enough to invite me on.  Thanks to JeffS for the pics...





This is the training ride I sponsored....



Anyways...I'm really stretching it now...not even a silly cat pic this post...





Doh!!

Yup....time to go...some hill repeats perhaps...who's in??

Next post....the race report??

Stay posted!




2 comments:

  1. Nice read... The winter fluff is a bummer. I'm dropping mine too, same as last year. Will I never learn? Anyway what I found was that my early season races/rides lacked sustainable power. As I dropped the pounds and could increase my fuel, I kicked ass. Okay, only compared to where I was before, but is about progress...

    Love ya,
    R4S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly...will I ever learn. I let it get quite out of hand this year! But getting there!

      Delete