Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Saturday 14 June 2014

A Handy Update, and one of Queens Greatest Hits

The Hands

So, as a follow up to my last post. the hands are recovering...




not as fast as I would like (they should be fully healed by now...it's been almost two weeks), ah well, they are much better than they were, although I wish they could do this...







and I did manage to get out for a couple of road rides, and an MTB ride yesterday to test them out before the epic group ride we have planned for today (an epic Riot of a ride...and recovery)....although there is still some swelling and stiffness in the knuckles I think we are mostly good to go.  Which is good, because the Summer Solstice 24 hour relay race is coming up in a week...and now that I have only been able to get on the bike 3 times in the last two weeks I have some time to make up for...Hence today's Riot ride with a group of friends who will now be even faster than me...yes even EnglishJim...




Maybe even these guys...




Actually if I get caught leading....I'm likely to feel like this...




OK...time to switch gears here a bit...


And Another One's Gone, And Another One's Gone....

So as I mentioned in my last post...another bit of 'tragedy' was experienced by another MTB buddy...it went down like this...

At some point in human history Lois and Lisa (NewfieSteve's bestest half)

(Now, throughout this story do not get Lois and Lisa confused, although both names start with 'L' and are four letters long...they are different people...I made that mistake once and a lot of people are still upset about it...c'mon it was dark!!...anyways)

As I was saying, at some point in human history Lois and Lisa made a plan that we should go off to their house for supper Friday two weeks ago.  So off we toddled...although it almost didn't happen...

I was considering heading up to Albion to camp and ride with another group of buddies...however I was hoping to go up Friday and they were planning on going on Saturday to Sunday, so I bowed out...completely forgetting (or never knowing) about the Friday dinner plans.

Anyways, it worked out, and we headed out to Steve and Lisa's.  As I walked in their door I made sure to protect my man topography from Weaver's prying snout (yes, Weaver is Steve and Lisa's dog...an overactive Vizla).  Luckily Lois was alert and had brought Weaver a treat...so his attention was quickly diverted.

And we headed out to the back deck to chat, eat pre-dinner snacks, and I got to watch everyone drink...(Lois had already designated me as 'the driver').  Steve and Lisa were apparently taking somewhat of a vacation and leaving in the morning for Algonquin and Lisa's mother was coming over to watch over Weaver and Zach (Lisa's teen son) in their absence. 

So, when Mom arrived, steak went on the BBQ and dinner was soon ready.  I tore into my wonderful 40 ounce sirloin and roasted spears (the things that make your pee smell funny)...which diverted my attention from the women's chit-chat ("friends got married...divorced...blah, blah, blah...").  Steve tried to pay attention but he was mostly busy with his steak too....and trying to keep Weaver out of it.

Steak was consumed...and I was wondering 'where the hell is dessert?' when Lisa's mom asks me to turn the music down...'Huh??  Sure....".  Then she pulls out a little black binder and proceeds with "Dearly beloved,"....Apparently Lisa's mother is a practicing, ordained minister; who knew???..."We are gathered here today, in the presence of these bestest friends of all and witnesses..."




So, by now Lois has figured it out, and is in full bawl mode...I am still  (WTF, WTF, WTF???  Is this really happening???...Seriously?....Really??).  The light seemed to dim as I considered performing a dive-roll-tackle and carry to save Steve from this obvious trap....but it seemed like he was in on it????

This scene immediately came to mind...







and with sadness I resigned myself to the situation.  As Weaver dug for a frog under the deck,







vows were spoken, rings were exchanged,






choirs of angels sang,









they kissed,




they signed,



we signed proving that they signed,




yes that is me signing...great camera work Lois...

more happy pics were taken...













No Steve is not a chick (as far as I know) it was just a funny pic...and No I don't know why Steve's eyes are always closed...and yes...I know you're wondering...we did finally get to eat dessert.

And so...Steve and Lisa went on their Algonquin trek, and returned 5 days later...still happy, and all is fine in the world, except in Syria, or Iraq, or Ukraine....anyways...

This tale is done, my sore fingers can't take any more typing...and it is time to get ready for the aforementioned Riot MTB ride (yes Lisa is allowing Steve to attend)...5 hours of MTB in our local trails...and unlimited time of recovery.  Will there be any circumstance worthy of a story??  Of course...

Stay posted...


PS...Happy Birthday Oggie...yes you are older than me...and yes...much faster...





No comments:

Post a Comment