Is This A Logo??

Is This A Logo??

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Reviewing Stuff


So, no race reviews, no injury reviews, not even a ride review.  Time to change things up a bit...

 

Let's start with this...

 

 

If you have followed my past posts, you will know that I track my nutrition, macronutrient intake, and caloric burn daily.  One of the websites I use to help provide sound nutrition choices is www.thefitnessrecipes.com (the name should be self explanatory right?). 

Anyways, one of the recipes is for Protein Chocolate Brownies...the pic of which is above.  So I put on my chef hat (I had other clothes on as well....this time...), and baked a batch of these brownies...and the consensus in our house was that they were as good as they looked!

 








 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 



See this is what happens when my sister visits and brings her new camera.

Anyways, back to the brownies.  They even made my daughter think she was KStew...and no, there was no THC in the ingredients...

 


 

And the fact is that the brownies are incredibly 'clean' nutritionally... 
 

The nutrition stats per serving (2 brownies)

Energy:  141 calories
Protein:  23 g
Carbohydrates: 2.6 g (sugar 1.7 g)
Fat:  4.2 g 

And they were very easy to whip up (even with nothing but a chef hat on).  These will now go on my regular 'to eat' list.
 

Next up on the product review of the day is..

 


 

So...on first glance these shades may not seem like much...but for an old dude like me they are a godsend.  Made by a company called Dual Eyewear they are your basic riding glasses...with reading glasses built in like bifocals (you can select the magnification you require).  What this means is that I can actually see my bike computer (IPhone), while I am riding!! 

They come with interchangeable lenses (and the lenses are the easiest to switch in and out of any other riding glasses I have tried).  They fit well, they cover the eye appropriately while riding, and the price was right!!  ($65)  The only downside was that they did not come with a case.  So I had to dig up an old one.  These are now not only my go-to riding glasses, but I tend to use them for everything outdoors because of the efficiency of having the 'readers' built in.
 

So now that I have you picturing me baking brownies with nothing but a chef hat and sunglasses on...hopefully this is not what you are envisioning...

 


 


 

 
I actually did try to surprise Lois by baking in such inappropriate clothing (or lack thereof), but I didn't even make it out of the bedroom hallway when I got these reactions...

 

 



 

Now I know how EnglishJim feels...
 
Anyways...that leads perfectly (???) into this piece of very good news that I will leave you with...

NewfieSteve is now engaged to Lisa!!!  Congrats to both of you!!  Like sands through the hourglass...so are the days of our lives.  Where will it go from here??  Will Steve ever be allowed to ride again??  Has he bought his last bike??  Until next episode... 

Stay posted!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment